ITU G.719 Software
- Low-complexity fullband (48kHz sampling) audio codec
- Configurable data rates (32-128kbps)
- Optimized for DSPs, RiSC, CISC processors
- ITU G.719 compliant
VOCAL offers the G.719 codec software as a standalone algorithm, as part of a modular software library suite, as well as with a VoIP stack.
G.719 is a fullband codec designed to be used for both speech and music audio. This codec is well suited for high-fidelity real-time audio communications systems. The input to the audio codec is 20ms of 16-bit samples. The total algorithmic latency is 40ms. The codec uses the modified discrete cosine transform (MDCT) to transform the time domain signal into spectral coefficients for encoding. First, the G.719 encoder decides if the current frame is to be considered stationary or non-stationary. If the signal is labelled as stationary, then a long-time resolution MDCT is used over the entire frame. If the signal is considered as non-stationary, then a short-time resolution MDCT is used over four 5 ms frames. The spectral envelope is computed, normalized and quantized. Adaptive weighting and Huffman coding with non-uniform bit allocation across the frequency spectrum are used to further compress the signal. The number of available is dependents on the user selected data rate (between 32 and 128kbps). The decoder applies the reverse operation on the received data stream.
- Compliant with G.719 Specification
- Optimized for high performance on leading edge DSP architectures
- Multichannel implementation
- Multi-tasking environment compatible
- MISRA compliant version (with limited deviations) available
VOCAL’s optimized vocoder software is available for the following platforms. Please contact us for specific vocoder supported platforms and performance information.