VOCAL offers the GSM Half Rate (HR) codec as a real-time implementation that can be configured to support multichannel applications. GSM HR software may be licensed as a standalone algorithm, a library, and with a VoIP stack for integration options with user applications. Contact us to discuss your GSM HR vocoder application requirements.
The GSM HR speech compression source code is optimized to run on DSPs and conventional processors from TI, ADI, AMD, Intel and other leading vendors. GSM HR codec is also available as a custom design to meet your unique application requirements.
GSM HR uses the VSELP (Vector-Sum Excited Linear Prediction) algorithm. The VSELP algorithm is an analysis-by-synthesis coding technique and belongs to the class of speech coding algorithms known as CELP (Code Excited Linear Prediction).
GSM HR describes the detailed mapping between input blocks of 160 speech samples in 13 bit uniform PCM form into encoded blocks of 112 bits and from encoded blocks of 112 bits to output blocks of 160 reconstructed speech samples. The sampling rate is 8,000 sample/s leading to an average bit rate for the encoded bit stream of 5,6 kbit/s. The coding scheme is called Vector Sum Excited Linear Prediction (VSELP) coding.
- Full and half duplex modes of operation
- Passes ETSI test vectors
- Compliant with GSM 06.20 Recommendation
- Optimized for high performance on leading edge DSP architectures
- Multichannel implementation
- Multi-tasking environment compatible
- DAA interface using linear codec at 8.0 kHz sample rate
- Direct interface to 8.0 kHz PCM data stream (A-law or μ-law)
- North American/International Telephony (including caller ID) support available
- Simultaneous DTMF detector operation available – (less than 10 talkoff hits on Bellcore test tape set)
- MF tone detectors, general purpose programmable tone detectors/generators available
- Data/Facsimile/Voice Distinction available
- Common compressed speech frame stream interface to support systems with multiple speech coders
- Dynamic speech coders selection if multiple speech codecs available
- Can be integrated with Acoustic Echo Canceller, G.168 Line Echo Canceller and Tone Detection/Regeneration modules
- Available with VoIP stack
- Audio Examples
- MIPS/memory requirements
- PSQM/PSQM+ values
- ETSI Recommendation GSM 06.20
- RFC 3551 – RTP Packetization
- RTP Parameters
VOCAL’s optimized vocoder software is available for the following platforms. Please contact us for specific vocoder supported platforms and performance information.